Burpees Don’t Always Have To Suck!?
Agh… the dreaded burpee! Yeah most people hate to do them, especially if they fail an obstacle at a Spartan Race and have to bang out 30!
Sucking aside burpees are a great exercise. You essentially work everything, but like anything else they are not fun to do and can be tough if you never really do them.
So you wanna get better at them? DO MORE!! Seriously though do more, I mean everyone is always looking for tips on how get better at pull ups, squats, burpees etc…. and the best way is to really just do them!
Now as simple as that sounds it is not that simple right? In the back of my mind when I am training I am always saying….. ok I need to do more burpees, but I never do them! LOL!
2 Ways To Get Better At Burpees
- Incorporate them into your workout and/or warmup. What I mean by this is just start off adding 10 burpees into your daily warmup. I add them at the end because I don’t like to go into burpees cold. You can also break them up during your warm up… 5 here, then few other moves, then 5 more etc….. During your workout you can let’s say…. do 5 in between sets or however else you want to fit them in. This way you are not tasked with doing 50 burpees in a row and you still get them in….. “although there is a place for doing 50 burpees in a row and if you feel up for it then do it!”
- Set a DAILY GOAL! So say 50 burpees…. Now throughout the day you bust sets of 5 or more burpees until you reach that goal. Now I know doing burpees at work in work clothes is not fun, but get it done. You can also just stop and bang out 5 around the house. Again the idea being you are breaking these up and getting them in!
Latest posts by Chris (see all)
- Thousands of people are expected to take part at the Cloverdale Fairgrounds OCR - July 12, 2017
- SwimJitsu is coming back to Edwardsville - July 12, 2017
- New Prague 3rd Largest Aquatic Facility Brings OCR in Minnesota - July 12, 2017